Work With Us
We are confronting the greatest challenge of our time: protecting biological and cultural diversity to safeguard the future of our food—and we do this with a team of talented people who share our values and believe in our mission.Slow Food is an equal-opportunity employer with a longstanding commitment to providing a work environment that respects the worth of each individual. On this page you will find all our open vacancies.
Job experience: at least 1-year work experience is desirable
Job type: freelance
Job location: remote, no travel required. Preference for Bra- or Turin-based graphic designers
Length: one year
Slow Food is a global grassroots organization that envisions a world in which all people can access and enjoy food that is good for them, good for those who grow it and good for the planet. Slow Food involves over a million activists, chefs, experts, youth, farmers, fishers, educators, and academics in over 160 countries.
Slow Food is starting a one-year project of a region in Saudi Arabia, involving studies of the agriculture and gastronomy of the area. The graphic designer will work closely with project managers to develop and implement a cohesive identity to this project through visual assets at regular intervals throughout the year. Some of the tasks include the development of academic paper templates, PowerPoint templates, printed promotional materials, and a tourism brochure.
The graphic designer will contribute to the visual development and creation of educational and promotional materials that focus on agriculture and gastronomy in Saudi Arabia.
- Define a Slow Food visual identity adapted to the culture of the country, in accordance with the Slow Food institutional visual identity
- Design and develop templates according to the Slow Food visual identity for the materials required in the project
- Design printed promotional materials (posters, banners, etc)
- Create illustrations
- Edit photos
- Participate in the editorial process with project team
- Collaborate with the project team in order to define the templates and timeline
- Interact with project partners in order to present visual ideas and materials
- Incorporate feedback and handle revisions
- Proficient in Adobe inDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Canva
- Layout of reports, infographics, publications with a large number of pages (80-100)
- Designing digital illustrations
- Image editing
- Experience in working in teams with project partners
- Fluent in English, speaking and writing
- Language skills in addition to English (Italian, Spanish) are a plus
- Ability to work with text in Arabic is a plus
Please send (in English):
- your CV
- Existing portfolio with samples of past work
by e-mail to [email protected] with the subject “Application: Graphic Designer”Any incomplete application will be disregarded.
Please note that due to limited staff resources and expected numbers of applications, only candidates selected for interview will receive a reply.